Porque James Gosling saiu da Oracle/Sun? [Detailed version]

Saiu uma entrevista com o James Gosling, dos porquês ele saiu da Oracle/Sun, eu sei que isso já foi falado mas nada como escutar da própria pessoa em si do que especular…rs…

Java Creator James Gosling: Why I Quit Oracle

Tem outra aqui que eu ia postar, mas vou aproveitar o teu tópico beleza?! ;p

http://basementcoders.com/?p=721

Ps.: É audio

Segue alguns quotes que a galera do TSS pegou:

Gosling on Oracle’s commitment to the Java Foundation (22:56): “I don?t know how to say it other than to say they were lying, duplicitous shits…Oracle is kind of a funny company because they take glory in that. They have no issues with being categorized that way. Some of their PR people might get a little uncomfortable with it, but up at the top, they deeply, deeply don?t give a shit.”

Gosling on any attempts by Oracle to silence him (36:40): “There?s nothing they can actually do, as far as I know - so long as I don?t lie. But even if I lie, given what happens to other folks that lie in the press? I mean, nobody?s nailed Glen Beck.”

Gosling on IBM: "They’d do anything they can to screw Sun over. I mean, they didn?t name Eclipse casually. "

Gosling on Google (54:30): “Google is kind of a funny company because a lot of them have this ‘peace, love and happiness’ version of evil. By being overly ‘peace, love and happiness,’ and believing the whole world is ‘peace, love and happiness,’ they end up doing evil.”

Gosling on .NET (29:30): “Microsoft .NET just smears over a huge pile of Sun patents. When they did the .NET design, they basically cut and pasted from the Java spec…They exercised essentially no creativity when coming up with .NET”

Gosling on the Android lawsuit (31:30): “I would guess that the Oracle lawyers did their homework. Because Android is open source, its easy for the lawyers to hire third party experts and do the comparisons. So they probably have a fairly solid case.”

Gosling on the sale of Sun to Oracle, as opposed to IBM or Google, etc: “Sun?s board was controlled by an extremely small number of institutional investors, and so it was really those institutional investors who were driving everything. The sale had nothing to do with the business or what would be good for the employees or any of that. It was totally a bunch of investment banks needing liquidity now. And they were looking for the best terms with the most certainty.”

Gosling on Oracle’s motivations (24:15): “With Oracle it doesn?t have to make sense. It just has to make money. It?s kinda the only game that there is.”

Gosling on SQL Databases (46:00): “Ya know, I?ve never ‘got it’ when it comes to SQL databases. It?s like ‘why?’ Just give me a hashtable and a shitload of RAM and I?m happy.”

Gosling on the iPad (13:20): “We built this really neat little handheld in 1992. It was extraordinarily cool for its day. It had an LCD touchscreen. It had a fairly wicked processor on it. It had a very early version of 802.11. Some of the engineers that had built that phone were deeply involved in the iPad. So in an odd sort of twist of fate, the iPad is kind of an evolution of it.”

Gosling on getting The Order of Canada (at 9:00) : “If only Canada were Britian, I?d be Sir James. But Canada doesn’t do the ‘Sir’ thing, so I escaped that particular indignity.”

Gosling on the future (58:30): “The thing is, the future isn?t something that?s rammed down our throats. The future is a choice. The human race is six or seven billion odd people making choices every day. You add up all those choices, and that?s the direction of humanity.”

Os numeros depois dos titulos ficaram parecendo versiculos.

Tipo: "Gosling on Google ( Capitulo 54: Versiculo 30): . . . "

:smiley:

[quote=DiegoVenan]Os numeros depois dos titulos ficaram parecendo versiculos.

Tipo: "Gosling on Google ( Capitulo 54: Versiculo 30): . . . "

:D[/quote]

bem notado !!! tive a mesma impressão.

:smiley: